Bienvenido, Invitado
Nombre de Usuario: Contraseña: Recordarme
Bienvenido al foro Kunena!

Cuéntanos a todos acerca de quién eres, qué te gusta y por qué te has convertido en miembro de este sitio.
Damos la bienvenida a todos los nuevos miembros y esperamos verlos siempre por aquí!
  • Página:

TEMA: Evolving his game

Evolving his game 30 Ago 2018 21:22 #1218

• hongwei28
  • Navegador Experto
— Chandler Jones had an All-Pro season as an outside linebacker in 2017 Chad Thomas Jersey , leading the NFL in tackles with an Arizona Cardinals franchise-record 17.

Now he’s a defensive end, a position that could mean even more trouble for opposing quarterbacks. His only duties: set the edge to stop the run or get to the quarterback, something Jones does with a vengeance.

There’s a viral video of Jones wreaking severe damage on a blocking sled earlier in camp.

“Just too powerful” he explained.

But there’s more than power to the 6-foot-5, 265-pound Jones’ game.

“The guy has great length, good speed off the ball,” Cardinals coach Steve Wilks said. “He has that sliver technique to be able to get around the edge of the tackles, and he’s physical. He can turn that speed into power and create some momentum getting back to the quarterback. He has it all, and hopefully we can continue to build on what he had last year.”

Jones came to the Cardinals from New England in March of 2016 in a trade that sent a second-round draft pick and guard Jonathan Cooper to the Patriots. Because the Cardinals played a 3-4 defense under coach Bruce Arians, Jones had to learn to drop back in pass coverage as well as rush the passer and try to stop the run.

He handled the transition well.

Jones had 11 sacks and four forced fumbles in 2016 and, in March of last year, signed a five-year, $82.5 million contract that offseason Le'Raven Clark Jersey , with $53 million guaranteed.

In the 2017 season, Jones lived up to those big numbers. Not only did he lead the league in sacks but also in tackles for loss with 28, well ahead of the second-best performance, 21 by Houston’s Jadeveon Clowney.

“I feel like if you want to be labeled an elite defensive end, you can’t be just a pass rusher,” Jones said. “You have to be good on all cylinders and definitely setting the edge and defeating the run is one of them. That’s one thing I tried to take pride in last season and hopefully I can carry that forward to this season.”

Now 28 and entering his seventh NFL season, Jones wants more.

His goal, he said, is to do “better than I did last year.”

“There’s never a perfect season,” Jones said. “I can sit here and tell you a handful of plays that I left out there last season and hopefully I can capitalize this year.”

With Arians’ retirement and the arrival of Wilks, Jones is moving back to the 4-3 defense that he played with the Patriots. It means going back to a three-point stance instead of standing up as an outside linebacker.

“It’s not that hard,” he said. “You just have different terminology. You attack offenses different Orlando Pace Jersey , but it’s not that big of a difference honestly.”

Wilks agrees.

“He hasn’t had a problem with that at all,” he said. “You go look back at some of the things he’s done in the past. He’s put his hand on the ground before.”

Jones likes the new defense.

“I feel like guys are flying around a lot more,” he said. “There’s less thinking. There’s one-gap assignments and everyone is flying to the ball.”

Jones will get some edge-rushing help from the return of Markus Golden, who had a team-high 12 1/2 sacks in 2016 but played in just four games a year ago before a season-ending knee injury. Golden is on the physically unable to perform list but could be back before the season begins.

“Markus is a vocal leader,” Jones said. “He’s a guy that you can feel his presence out there but not by just his game play. I’m excited to have him back he’s a ‘hoorah’ guy and a hell of a player on top of that.”

Meanwhile, Jones and left tackle D.J. Humphries have had some spirited battles already in training camp as Wilks encouraged physical play. Humphries is lucky to have the practice, Jones said.

“I told D.J. yesterday, ‘You know what? You’ll never go against someone in a game that’s like me’ and I say that proudly because there’s not a lot of guys that do the moves that I do. I told D.J., ‘If you can stop me on a consistent basis, you’ll be fine.'”

Notes: Wilks said LB an MRI on LB Deone Bucannon’s knee showed no structural damage and the player’s availability in training camp would be evaluated “day to day.” Bucannon banged his knee against WR Brice Butler’s helmet on Thursday. … Several thousand people attended the team’s “Red and White Practice” on Saturday.

A look at what’s happening around the majors today:

MIGGY’S DONE

Miguel Cabrera’s season is over, leaving Detroit without its biggest star at a time when there wasn’t much else for Tigers fans to latch onto. Cabrera ruptured his left biceps tendon on a swing Tuesday night, ending the two-time MVP’s year just a couple of weeks after he returned from a DL stint due to a right hamstring strain. The 35-year-old Cabrera will have surgery this week. He batted .301 with three homers and 22 RBIs for a team that wasn’t expected to compete in the AL Central.

POWER PLAY

Mike Trout leads the majors with 23 home runs and he’s gone deep twice each of the last two nights Graham Gano Jersey , becoming the first player with consecutive multihomer games at Safeco Field in Seattle. But that hasn’t been enough for the Angels, who lost both times. Trout tries to keep it going at the plate when Los Angeles faces left-hander Marco Gonzales (7-3, 3.28 ERA) and the first-place Mariners again. Gonzales has allowed only three earned runs in his past five starts, a span of 33 1/3 innings. Garrett Richards (4-4, 3.26) pitches for the Angels. He shut out the Mariners over 6 2/3 innings on May 4 but hasn’t won since.

BRUISED IN THE BRONX

One night after the Yankees hit Washington star Bryce Harper with a pair of pitches, the teams play again in New York. Could the Nationals look to retaliate? ”No ill feelings at all,” Harper said after his team lost 3-0. The slugger gave Washington a scare when he fell to the ground in pain after getting plunked on the right elbow by a 90 mph pitch from CC Sabathia. Harper remained in the game but then came out after he was hit on the left foot by Dellin Betances’ 89 mph slider in the eighth. The 2015 NL MVP said he had an X-ray on the toe and he’s fine. ”Elbow feels OK, and the big toe just hurts a little bit,” he explained. Harper leads the NL with 19 homers but is batting just .215 since May 1. He had been hit by a pitch only once previously this season and had not been dinged twice in a game since August 2013 at Atlanta.

JAKE-BITTEN

The Mets try to snap a most puzzling skid when Jacob deGrom pitches against Atlanta. DeGrom has a 1.24 ERA in his past four starts, and yet New York has lost each of those outings. Only the Marlins and Reds have worse records in the NL than the Mets, and general manager Sandy Alderson is shouldering the blame. ”When you’re scoring runs at the anemic rate that we have, something hasn’t worked. So from that standpoint Christine Michael Sr Jersey , I take full responsibility for where we are,” he said Tuesday. As the All-Star Game next month and the July 31 trade deadline approach, Alderson acknowledged he would consider retooling if the Mets’ record doesn’t improve.

GERRIT GOING OFF

Gerrit Cole aims to keep up his stellar season when Houston faces Oakland. Cole (7-1, 2.16 ERA) has won five straight decisions and entered Tuesday leading the AL with 124 strikeouts. He has yet to allow more than three earned runs in a start this season. Paul Blackburn (1-0, 1.50) is up for the A’s following a terrific season debut last week against Kansas City.

MAEDA IT BACK

Kenta Maeda is set to return for the Dodgers against Texas, though most of his usual rotation-mates are still on the disabled list. Maeda has been out with a hip injury since May 29, and he’ll come off the DL a day after rookie right-hander Walker Buehler was added to the list. Buehler, Clayton Kershaw, Rich Hill, Hyun-Jin Ryu and Dennis Santana remain on the DL for the Dodgers.

Adidas Jeff Skinner Jersey ,
El administrador ha desactivado la escritura pública.
  • Página:

Respuestas en el Tema: Evolving his game

Evolving his game hongwei28 30 Ago 2018 21:22
Tiempo de carga de la página: 2.239 segundos